- Through this Site;
- Through mobile applications that we operate;
- Through email, text messaging, or other electronic messaging between you and us;
- Through our retail locations;
- Offline through our retail stores; and
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect various information about users or our Site.
What information do we collect?
Information that identifies you as a person (“Personal Information”), such as:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
- login and account information, including unique user ID and password
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history
- payment or credit card information
- personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing preferences
- employment and education history and other information that you provide to us if you apply for employment with us through our Site
Information collected through automated means when you visit our Site (“Automated Information”) such as:
- the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet
- the unique identifiers of your device
- your browser characteristics
- your device characteristics
- your operating system
- your language preferences
- the URLs through which you were referred to our Site
- information on actions taken by you on our site
- dates and times of your visits to our Site
- the pages you accessed on our Site
How do we collect information?
We collect Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us. This typically occurs when you:
- Sign up for our email list
- Place an order with us
- Buy a product at our retail locations
- Send us an email or other communication
- Join our social networking sites
- Register for an account with us
- Participate in our promotions, surveys, and/or contests
We collect Automated Information automatically as you navigate through our Site as explained further below.
AUTOMATED INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH TECHNOLOGY (COOKIES)
We may collect information, which may include certain Personal Information data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system, you can set your browser to refuse them. Please review the specific instructions from your browser in order to do this. However, please note that not accepting cookies may make certain features of our Site unavailable or difficult to view or use.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on this site. When you click one of these URLs, you will pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our Site. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Third parties may also collect information via our Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets in order to deliver our targeted advertisements to you across the Internet.
- Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media.
- Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site.
Our web server may collect clickstream information such as the address (or URL) of the web site that you came from before visiting the Site, which pages you visit on the Site, which browser you used to view the Site and any search terms you may have entered on our site, among other things. The Site may also use other technologies to track which pages our visitors view. This anonymous clickstream data provides our customers with a better shopping experience and helps us understand how visitors use the Site. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the site, to target our online advertising, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information that you provide to us and/or that we collect from you:
- To present our Site to you
- To process and complete your orders
- To communicate with you about our products, our company, and other information that we believe may be of interest to you
- To alert you to any issues with products or product recalls
- To notify you of any changes to our Site or our business
- In other ways that we describe to you when you provide the information
- For any other purposes with your consent
When you supply your postal address or email, you may receive our catalogs or other marketing materials from us by mail or by email. When you place an order on our Site, we use this information to process and track your order and contact you via email with an order confirmation and to communicate with you about your order.
If you submit a resume to us or apply for employment with use through the Site, we will use the information you provide solely for the purpose of evaluating you as a candidate for employment and to contact you about prospective employment.
Please note that we maintain a record a record of your purchases made online and combine it with information you provide at our Jack Rogers stores. We do this in order to serve you better, to analyze our customer demographics and product preferences, and to assist us with our advertising and marketing efforts.
We also reserve the right to release personal information in the following circumstances:
- When we are under a legal compulsion to do so (for example, we have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so;
- When we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce our rights, property interests, or safety or those of, our users or others; or
Additionally, in the event that we are merged with or become part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold or we sell all or substantially all of our assets or are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity. We may also transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
We may share your information with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, including those located in other countries. Such third parties may have access to, store and process your PII toprovide services on our behalf, which may occur in the United States or in countries outside of the United States.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
You may see advertisements for our products on other websites and mobile applications because we work with third party advertisers to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Through our relationships with these advertisers, we can target messaging to our users by interest-based, demographic, contextual, and other means. These third party advertisers track your online activities over time and across websites and mobile applications by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites and mobile applications that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites and mobile applications that participate in the advertising networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. See the “Notice for California Residents” section below for additional information.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION and opting out
We have mechanisms by which you can control your information:
- Tracking: You can set your browser to refuse some or all cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Please visit your specific browser’s instructions for doing this.
- Promotional Offers: If you do not wish to receive our promotional offers, you may opt-out by checking the relevant box when we collect your information, logging into your account to update your preferences, clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you, or sending us an email request to email@example.com. Please note that you may NOT opt out from receiving emails from us directly related to a product purchase.
- NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message
In addition, please note the following:
- Users can visit our Site anonymously, although we use and plant cookies
- Users are able to change their Personal Information by emailing us or by calling us
- Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals that give you control over the collection and use of web browsing information. Because uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, we do not currently have the ability to recognize “Do Not Track” signals; thus, we may track, plant cookies, or use advertising even when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place
- We allow the collection of users’ behavioral tracking (but not Personal Information) by third parties.
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
PRIVACY OF YOUNG CHILDREN
We are conscious and concerned about the privacy of young children, and per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children, and all products for children are for purchase by adults only. If we learn that any personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION
We recognize our responsibility to protect the personal information you entrust to us. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. While we take precautions against possible breaches in the Site and customer databases, no website or online transmission is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur and cannot be held liable for any unauthorized access or use of the data you have supplied to us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Interet is not completely secure, and your use of the Site is at your own risk. We urge you to take steps to protect your personal information when you are online and to keep your login and password information safe.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Updated February 4, 2019.