Ever since Jackie Kennedy went to Capri and brought back a flat sandal with whipstitched leather and an iconic Rondelle that would go on to become the classic Jack Rogers sandal, we’ve been creating beautiful shoes and accessories that brighten every day. With an unmistakable ease, effortless style and optimistic view on life, Jack Rogers is at home wherever it goes in the world.
Jack Rogers is looking for a Store Manager to be a part of this rich history and to continue our tradition of excellence and style. The Store Manager will be an integral member of our Retail team being a brand ambassador to our beloved customers and to the sales team that they lead in the store as we launch in this new market. The store manager will work closely with Headquarters on training, visual merchandising and sales as well as with key local partners in building the brand.
The Store Manager is responsible for the overall management and execution of operational and management functions designed to maximize sales and profitability within an assigned store location. All positions assigned to work at the designated store location report to the Store Manager. The Store Manager position is an exempt position and reports to Headquarters in New York.
- Driving Sales – responsible for meeting and exceeding sales plans
- Creates and/or supports business goals including plan sales, ADS, and UPT
- Leads a selling environment focused on leveraging volume opportunities
- Evaluates the business and takes proactive steps to improve results
- Takes the necessary initiatives to stay abreast of news and events related to competition
- Ensure visual merchandising standards are adhered to
- Ensures the store team consistently executes and maintains visual presentation and store standards per Company protocol and operational policy
- Team Development including management of payroll and store staffing in line with budgets
- Builds morale and supports a team environment through recognition, development and training
- Practices regular communication during which expectations are clear and performance concerns are addressed effectively, consistently, and in a professional manner
- Ensures all staffing requirements are met though networking and recruiting. Recommends counseling and other employment actions as needed
- Ensures that operational controls are executed and maintained; e.g. store organization, banking procedures, creation and review of work schedules, managing payroll budget and ensuring proper store reporting
- Ensures all LP directives are followed and loss prevention measures executed; responsible for inventory accuracy in store
- Individual Leadership
- Leads by example at all times
- Practices open and honest, two-way communication that focuses on the behavior and situation
- Treats others with respect and openly seeks opportunities for personal development
- Conducts oneself with integrity, following all policies and brings concerns forward when appropriate
This position requires ability to:
- Work a flexible schedule to include some holidays, most weekends and/or late evenings
- Minimal travel may be required, e.g. district meetings, banking duties
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Minimum of 4 years prior retail management experience with at least 2 years of experience as Store Manager
- Demonstrated success in managing within a fast-paced, agile, specialty retail store environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; ability to interact at all levels within the organization
If interested in applying in this position, please send your resume + a cover letter to email@example.com attention: Josie Fogarty.
Job Type: Full-time