Jack Rogers shoes had an inspired beginning on the isle of Capri in the early 60s. It was the heyday of the international jet set, a swirl of famous faces and names, lounging poolside in colorful caftans, wearing sherbet shades against the Mediterranean backdrop. Chic as it was, one person stood out as the most vibrant of all: Jackie Kennedy. The First Lady, known for her impeccable style, never looked better than when she was off-duty—with her innate charisma, she had a way of making simple pieces look absolutely sublime.
Today Jack Rogers has rebranded and continues to excite our loyal consumers as well as expand into new territories with new customers. As we embark on this new chapter for the brand, we exemplify our “start-up with heritage” culture in this fast-paced environment. This is exemplified in:
HERITAGE: We’re proud of almost 60 years of traditional craftsmanship. We take pride in what we’ve done so far and look forward to what’s coming next. As we build on our heritage, we will continue to prioritize honesty, design, quality, ﬁt and service as keys to our customer-centric approach.
CONNECTION: The world that surrounds us is important. We’re attached to our community, our passions, our kindness and how everything makes us feel. We recognize that we achieve so much more when we work as a team than we do on our own.
PLEASURE: There is endless joy to be gained from accomplishing goals, making innovative choices and forging meaningful, honest connections with colleagues and customers.
SPIRIT: Classic and timeless but innovative, with an eﬀortless elegance and eternal optimism, we embrace new possibilities and adventures at every step. We value achievement and a customer-ﬁrst attitude. We are fearless and open to change, helpful, respectful and always true to our word.
Our Sales Associates are the heart and soul of Jack Rogers and are committed to providing the ultimate experience to all our customers. This role will provide you with an opportunity to be a Jack Rogers ambassador to our customers, servicing them and building long-standing relationships with them.
Location: 1198 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10128
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding the Company’s objectives and making decisions based on its priorities and values.
- Providing a solution oriented and forward thinking approach to customers’ needs.
- Creating personal sales and clienteling strategies with management based on store metrics and goals.
- Representing your best self to customers and establishing positive impressions through confidence, initiative and professional demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrating strong product knowledge to enhance the sale and suggesting add on items that fit the customer’s needs.
- Building lasting relationships with customers through follow-up communication including phone calls, and emails about special sales or events.
- Completing daily operational tasks including maintaining the sales floor, backroom, cash wrap and visual merchandising to Jack Rogers’ standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge of competitors and applying that knowledge to enhance the selling experience and customer relationships.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures found in the Retail Employee Manual
- Replenishing inventory levels on the floor for daily readiness.
- Fostering an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors.
- 1-3 years of selling experience in a similar brand environment preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry cartons to process product shipment and move storage unit product.
- Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and busy seasons, and high retail sales days such as the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.