Retail Operations Manager
Jack Rogers shoes had an inspired beginning on the isle of Capri in the early 60s. It was the heyday of the international jet set, a swirl of famous faces and names, lounging poolside in colorful caftans, wearing sherbet shades against the Mediterranean backdrop. Chic as it was, one person stood out as the most vibrant of all: Jackie Kennedy. The First Lady, known for her impeccable style, never looked better than when she was off-duty—with her innate charisma, she had a way of making simple pieces look absolutely sublime.
Today Jack Rogers has rebranded and continues to excite our loyal consumers as well as expand into new territories with new customers. As we embark on this new chapter for the brand, we exemplify our “start-up with heritage” culture in this fast-paced environment. This is exemplified in:
HERITAGE: We’re proud of almost 60 years of traditional craftsmanship. We take pride in what we’ve done so far and look forward to what’s coming next. As we build on our heritage, we will continue to prioritize honesty, design, quality, ﬁt and service as keys to our customer-centric approach.
CONNECTION: The world that surrounds us is important. We’re attached to our community, our passions, our kindness and how everything makes us feel. We recognize that we achieve so much more when we work as a team than we do on our own.
PLEASURE: There is endless joy to be gained from accomplishing goals, making innovative choices and forging meaningful, honest connections with colleagues and customers.
SPIRIT: Classic and timeless but innovative, with an effortless elegance and eternal optimism, we embrace new possibilities and adventures at every step. We value achievement and a customer-first attitude. We are fearless and open to change, helpful, respectful and always true to our word.
The Retail Operations Manager will be an integral member of our Retail team who will oversee our current locations in NYC, Atlanta, and North Carolina as well as any future expansion of long-term, pop-ups and short term retail locations. You'll be the primary point of contact for our retail stores, ensuring that our corporate strategy and vision comes to life in our locations, working with store leaders to create a culture of operational excellence and best-in-class customer experiences.
This is an exciting area that requires a customer-first mentality, high energy, strong project management, excellent communication, and collaborative skills. This role is a mix of operations, marketing, analytics, planning, and strategy.
You will be responsible for driving results, creating operational consistency across all stores and providing innovative solutions that support key initiatives. This role manages store P&Ls, defines priorities and drives operational improvements and efficiencies by identifying opportunities and leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Hire, train, and supervise store managers, set performance goals, resolve employee conflicts, and encourage teamwork
- Lead and develop retail leadership and act as the liaison for store managers with corporate
- Own and manage all aspects of retail operations with a customer-first mentality
- Assess business trends and actively partner with corporate stakeholders in order to strategize local growth and drive business initiatives
- Deliver optimal productivity in stores through operational excellence, process improvement and consistent resolution of challenges
- Analyze key performance metrics and provide guidance for each store to achieve goals and profitability targets; evaluate financial and business data into actionable insights to drive results
- Meet or exceed financial targets including sales plans and expense management
- Develop and/or maintain all retail processes, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of management experience; experience in a field operations or multi-store operational role
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, with demonstrated ability to be resourceful, creative and prioritize when faced with multiple demands and challenging deadlines
- Deep understanding of inventory reconciliation / cycle counts and Inventory Process
- Understanding of retail landscape and ability to recruit key talent
- Strong organizational and project management skills from conceptualization and implementation to follow up
- Ability to influence at all levels; demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Payroll management experience
- Some travel required to each of the 3 stores, up to 20% travel time
- Working knowledge of Shopify is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and retail math.