Accounts Receivable Assistant
Jack Rogers shoes had an inspired beginning on the isle of Capri in the early 60s. It was the heyday of the international jet set, a swirl of famous faces and names, lounging poolside in colorful caftans, wearing sherbet shades against the Mediterranean backdrop. Chic as it was, one person stood out as the most vibrant of all: Jackie Kennedy. The First Lady, known for her impeccable style, never looked better than when she was off-duty—with her innate charisma, she had a way of making simple pieces look absolutely sublime.
The Accounts Receivable Assistant will be an integral member of our Finance team who will ensure timely and accurate tracking of chargebacks for the Wholesale accounts. The Accounts Receivable Assistant will oversee the monitoring of Customer vendor portals and be a key partner in collections and resolving disputes as well as reconciliations with the Warehouse and Wholesale accounts.
JACK ROGERS is looking for an experienced and passionate Accounts Receivable Assistant that can work independently to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met in a timely matter, and a team player that works well with cross-functional teams and external partners.
The ultimate goal of this critical role is to implement best-in-class processes and procedures for the Accounting team and act as a critical member to support the financial reporting functionality of the business.
- Monitor and track any pending factor disputes
- Maintain lines of communications open with customer on any past dues on factor books
- Report and issue both in -house and Factored aged Trial Balance to COO on weekly basis
- Daily reconciliation of in-house and Factor ATB to ensure Factor AR is accurate
- Track EDI disputes and confirm all invoices are entered into customer’s vendor portal
- Handling of customer request of statements or invoices
- Retrieval of all chargeback details from customer’s vendor portals
- Research and validate chargebacks and present to AR Manager for weekly review
- Report to AR Manager any prep approvals deductions by customer (markdown, coop, ect).
- Assist with settlements after discussing strategy with Manager.
- Reconciliation of Ecommerce chargebacks on monthly basis and review journal entries with Manager
- Monitor and track fees that are being paid (i.e. restock fees, handling fees, payback fees on returns)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in roles directly related to general ledger accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Positive working relationships with internal and external parties (auditors and 3rd party vendors, etc)
If interested in applying in this position, please send your resume + a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Josie Fogarty.
Basis of Pay: Temporary position with hourly pay